Some of Richard O'Keefe's stuff
- A Tale of Two Tabulators (PDF),
an essay I wrote for our software engineering paper
in 2001 to illustrate the importance of adequate requirements.
- The slides from a 2016
talk about analysing the Rosetta Code repository studied
by Nanz and Furia, pointing out that the programmer effect
is bigger than the language effect.
- A brief note saying why, contra Eric Lippert,
arrays as such are harmless,
and the real problem is Java and C# failing to provide
- Information about POP-2.
- A criticism of IMP77.
- stuff for COSC410 in 2011
- Errata for "The Craft of Prolog"
- Draft Prolog library proposal
- A proposal for child modules in Prolog
- A proposal to add Processor, Process,
Delay, Semaphore, and SharedQueue to the next version of the
- Draft of a "what help pages to start with"
guide for R beginners.
- My INEX'03 paper(PDF)
- My INEX'04 paper(PDF)
- My ICOOOLPS'16 paper(PDF)
- Brown, Bees, and Belly-Buttons,
a very short look at The Da Vinci Code.
- On the (magic) Square,
a very short look at The Lost Symbol.
- Is mathematics invented or discovered?
- Logical issues concerning “Q”
- What can we know about Mary Magdalene?.
- Are modern Bibles translations of
translations of ...?
- A short piece about a Java anti-pattern..
- An essay about freedom of speech
- An essay about a fallacious argument.
- An essay about public health
- An essay about victimless crimes
- Some early results from a linguistic study of patents
- Response to reading the Novopay Technical Review
- Advice about preparing for and sitting exams,
with detailed application to a 2nd year paper.
- An essay by Joe Armstrong against OOP